Monday, November 16, 2009

#3: Holiday with Hubby (just the two of us)

This is SUCH a belated post.

Those of you who subscribe to my YouTube channel will remember that, back in May this year, Mark and I trekked up to Cairns for just over a week.  We went with the gorgeous Mr & Mrs Nemeth (awesome friends from WAAAAAAAAAAAY back) and had the most fabulous time.

And to prove it?

Here's a link to a YouTube vid I made, just after we came back, of some of the amazing scenery!



Mark and I have seriously been lacking in the 'time for just us' department, pretty much since we got married 5 and a half years ago.  At 16, I was told I'd never have children, yet the 2nd month we were married, we conceived Moto!  So, we've always had someone else with us - and those parents who're reading this, can testify to how time consuming children are.

Making time to have a holiday was SUCH an important thing for us to do.  The kids spent time with their Grandparents interstate (my folks) and had the BEST time.  They didn't want to come home!! (And here was I, worried they'd be missing their folks too much!)

Coming back to Adelaide, refreshed after out trip, was so awesome.  I still watch that YouTube video every now and then just to remind myself of the serenity of it all, and to put me back in 'that' place where I'm relaxed, calm and on top of everything.

Considering taking on the 101 things challenge?

I heartily recommend it.  There's nothing better than spending significant time deciding what you want to achieve, writing it down, and then watching it magically happen!

*hugs*

Vashti

No comments:

Post a Comment